ORDINANCE NO. 97-04
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING JACKSON COUNTY ORDINANCE NO. 84-7 AND JACKSON COUNTY CODE SECTIONS 74-131 et seq., THE INTERIM LAND USE REGULATIONS FOR COMPASS LAKE IN THE HILLS MUNICIPAL SERVICES TAXING UNIT, WITH RESPECT TO THE DEFINITION OF "RESIDENCE" AND TO PROVIDE FOR TEMPORARY USE; PROVIDING FOR REPEALER, SEVERABILITY, AND EFFECTIVE DATE.
WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners has previously enacted its Ordinance No. 84-7, codified as Code Sections 74-131 et seq, constituting the interim land use regulations for Compass Lake in the Hills Municipal Services Taxing Unit, and has determined that it is in the best interests of providing for the public health, safety, and welfare of all of the county to amend those regulations as set forth herein;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Board of County Commissioners of Jackson County, Florida, that:
1. Article II of Ordinance No. 84-7 and Code section 74-135 are amended to provide for an additional definition, as follows:
"Residence" shall mean any dwelling or other man-made device or structure (whether or not mobile and whether or not affixed to the land) which is occupied for more than seven (7) days in any calendar year as human habitation.
2. Article VIII and Code section 74-137A are hereby added, to provide as follows:
Temporary Use: The foregoing nothwithstanding, any person who owns a lot in Compass Lake in the Hills or the remaining lands subject to these regulations may use said lot for human habitation on a temporary basis in a manner which does not conform to these regulations. For the purposes herein, temporary use shall mean for a period not to exceed a cumulative total of seven (7) days in a calendar year. Said temporary use may entail camping on said property in a tent, motor home or other temporary residence. It shall be a violation of this ordinance, however, to occupy said lot for a cumulative period in excess of seven (7) days in any calendar year without complying with the requirements of this ordinance.
3. SEVERABILITY. Jackson County Ordinance No. 84-7 and Jackson County Code sections 74-131 et seq., as amended herein, are hereby reenacted. If any section, subsection, paragraph, sentence, clause, or phrase of this ordinance is held, for any reason, to be unconstitutional, void, or invalid, the validity of the remaining portion of the ordinance shall not be affected thereby.
4. REPEALER. All other ordinances or portions of ordinances in force at the time this ordinance becomes effective which are in conflict with any provisions hereof shall be deemed to have been repealed and are repealed to the extent of any such conflict, otherwise to remain in full force and effect.
5. EFFECTIVE DATE. This ordinance shall take effect as provided by law.
The foregoing ordinance was adopted by a vote of 5 to 0 by the Board of County Commissioners of Jackson County, Florida, after due notice and publication, motion, second and discussion, in the meeting of March 11, 1997.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JACKSON COUNTY, FLORIDA
HON. CHANLEY W. CARTER CHAIRMAN
Clerk/Deputy Clerk (Signed)
Compass Lake in the Hills Bulletin
Bylaws Amended and Restated Articles Rules and Regulations
Ordinance 84-7 Ordinance 91-3
Contact us via email